Be Unstoppable!

FutureMe.Org

By 2/05/2014 , , ,

Okay - so this week has kicked some serious butt on so many levels, and it's only Wednesday! Which is especially awesome because last week was pretty crappy...

First off - GO SEAHAWKS!! :-) Okay, I'm done.

It's been a rare occasion lately when something so powerful, so inspirational has happened that I felt the need to share it. You may have noticed that my "personal development" section is a little bit sparse. Well, that's because I'm still figuring out what I like, what works. I don't want to share something worthless. I want to share something powerful.

Well, this morning some serious inspiration hit, and amzingly enough, these were my own words that I was so uplifted by.

Six months ago, I wrote myself a letter.  I know, it sounds cheesy, but I wrote myself a letter to motivate myself and remind myself of what I wanted in the next six months.  So, I went to this website, futureme.org.  I wrote this letter, and then I completely forgot about it.  Well, this morning I got an email from this Future Me website, and I frankly almost deleted it.  My first thought was oh my god, more spam! But, instead, I clicked on it.  And damn near started crying reading what I had written to myself.

Here are some excerpts from my letter to myself that I found so powerful:

First thing, I hope you’re happy. I hope that you’re not letting the negative distract you from your goals, and why you wanted to pursue the things you are pursuing. Things won’t go right always, but as long as you stay focused and push through the bad times, the good times will be that much more enjoyable.  
...And if you've find someone who sees how unbelievable you are, open up to them. Don't be afraid. Be vulnerable. Be ridiculous. Be passionate. Be yourself and they will be themselves. Be genuine. Love deeply and fully. I want the best for you, and you should find someone who gives you the best and pushes you to be better. So, don't settle until you find that.  
Write. Meditate. Be positive. Read. Improve. Develop. NEVER STOP IMPROVING! Open yourself up to yourself, to the deep, scary, intense feeling that you have. Love yourself as deeply as you want to be loved. 
These were powerful things for me to read, because they were my own words. My own fears and hopes for myself.  My own reminders of why I am putting myself through what I'm putting myself through.  My goals.  How can I not be uplifted by that?

So if you know that you have some big moments ahead of you...things that will try you and future obstacles that you know will try to set you back, try this out--futureme.org.  Motivate and support yourself through your own words, because there is nothing better than knowing that you're fully supporting yourself.  When we get into negative situations, it is very easy to let negative feelings snowball and to get down on ourselves. I do it all the time, and today there was nothing more uplifting than knowing that, when I wasn't frustrated and angry, I am my own biggest cheerleader.  That's always how it should be.  

Always, always, always be your own biggest fan!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.