Be Unstoppable!

Why Do We Fall?

By 10/16/2014 , , , , , , , , ,

I started this last hour pissed off at myself. Why? Because I feel like I try so hard with no results sometimes. I wanted to so badly to be my coach's first Emerald coach on her team. I almost went Emerald last night but the coach I'm working on recruiting didn't sign up and two other coaches beat me to it.  And I was angry. At first my anger was misplaced, directed at my coach for pitting all of her coaches against each other. But I realized that that's not true. That's not what she did at all. In my disappointment at not advancing yesterday, I sought someone else to blame. Okay, so now I must blame myself right?

Wrong.

But I failed, right? So I'm to blame...

Wrong. Wrong. WRONG.

Why does their have to be anyone to blame? I tried. I made the effort and things didn't work out. It's a bump in the road. A stumbling block.  And I found myself seeking motivation...and I instantly knew where I would go. To my favorite youtube motivational video account by Mateusz M.

"Why do we fall?"


So why do we fall?

So we can get back up.  Or as Rocky Balboa said throughout that video...

"But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward."
Maybe to some people that doesn't seem like a hit. But my coach has so much faith in me, and I felt like I kept letting her down. I kept not taking that next step when she thought I could. I kept not putting the effort in when I should have and I was upset with myself.  I still am.

But you know what...I'm going to keep moving forward.

Shortly after realizing that I "failed" I wrote this on a sticky note:

"I may not have been the first Emerald, but damn it, I'll be the first DIAMOND..."
To new goals.

To new commitments.

To determination.

To moving forward.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.