Be Unstoppable!

Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

By 10/11/2014 , , , , , ,

Okay so in the maybe 4 hours since I posted this picture on instagram, I had about four different people ask me for the recipe! So I figured this merited a a blog post! 

I LOVE protein pancakes! I've toyed around with a number of recipes and this is my favorite so far! I modified this recipe from one I found on pinterest from Lexi's Clean Kitchen!  I didn't have a lot of her ingredients and I wanted to make it accesible for someone who didn't have a lot of organic ingredients or typical "health" food staples.

So here's my version:

Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
-1/3 cup pumpkin puree (original recipe called for homemade but I just used canned pumpkin from the store)
2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1.4 tsp pumpkin spice (if you have it--otherwise I used a few extra shakes of cinnamon, 1 dash of ginger, a big shake of nutmeg because I love nutmeg, and a shake of all spice)
1 heaping scoop of chocolate Shakeology (the original recipe called for vanilla protein powder, but I only had chocolate so I added that instead)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 tbsp honey

My batter turned out REALLY thick actually, so I would suggest thinning it maybe with a little bit of almond milk.  It should spread easily into a circle, when you pour it into the pan (you know--you've made pancakes before).  

I usually put about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into the pan and then top it with chocolate chips! For these I used Nestles dark chocolate chips and put about 8 chocolate chips on top of each pancake!  

I'll refine this recipe as I make it more, but I wanted to share now because it's JUST THAT GOOD!!! 

Enjoy! :-)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.