Be Unstoppable!

Healthy Lunches & Winter Coats

By 11/07/2013 , ,

This is a random one...but I really felt like posting a couple (exceedingly crappy) cell phone pics I snapped over the last couple days!

Firstly, I was really  impressed by the cafe in the Public Health building that I frequent for classes! I was waiting for my tea to finish steeping (Orangey Green Tea - it smelled almost too fantastic to drink!), and I was checking out the food they have at the cafe. I'm so used greasy and fattening foods being the "readily available," "grab-n-go" kind of food you see. But, they had some really phenomenal options! Tons of salads - as you can see - all with a great protein add on like hard-boiled eggs, as well as veggie, pita, and hummus platters. But, what I was really impressed by was they had not one, not two, but three different QUINOA salads.  

I'm kind of a quinoa nut! I love it! It's got great texture, it's filling, full of great nutrients, and PACKED with protein!

Anywho - I was really impressed by this place, and I'm going to keep them on my radar whenever I need a quick snack, instead of going to the hospital cafe, which is mostly greasy food. (Go Figure, right??)

On a completely different note - I splurged on myself today! :-)

I was at TJ Maxx and found an absolute steal of a deal on an insulated Columbia shell! It fit me great, and I was really excited about it, so splurged and bought it! I was even more excited when I got home and found that my underarmor sweatshirt from undergrad fits conveniently under it! I happy danced around my apartment and snapped a quick pick with my shitty cell phone camera to send to my friend Scott, who grew up in the midwest!

I'm so set for winter!! Midwest - BRING IT!!

Nerding out! :-)

Until next time,





You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.