Be Unstoppable!

Slow Cooker Veggie Chile & the Ultimate Summer Salad

By 8/21/2013 ,

Yesterday was one of those days where you get home and the last thing you want to do is work out or cook.  It would have been very easy for my to just snack on a loaf of bread (which I still do much too often) and watch TV. But I've gotten myself in the habit of immediately changing into workout clothes upon getting home from work.  So, I changed per usual, logged into DailyHiit (www.dailyhiit.com) and got my butt in gear. (I'm going to talk more about DailyHiit another time, but let me just say if you want to do some seriously hardcore training that you can do in your house...check this website out! No gym needed)


After sweating bullets for that 20 minute workout (seriously! Only 20 minutes! That's why I <3 Daily Hiit so much!), I almost reached for something quick and unhealthy. Almost ran down the street to one of my favorite restaurants to get some takeout. But, instead, I rummaged through my refrigerator and made an absolutely fantastic dinner! I'm kicking myself now for not taking a picture of the salad, because it was beautiful and so delicious.  

I mentioned to you guys that I do all my cooking on Sunday.  Well this week I made a vegetarian slow-cooker chile that is fantastic.  Check it out below!


http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1858828


Now, the slow cooker chile is usually enough for me, but I had to work through lunch earlier so I was starving for dinner. So I made a salad to go with it.  I had a whole bunch or produce that was getting kind of old in my refrigerator so I simply threw a bunch of it together. It was super simple and super fast.  

Ultimate Summer Salad
Spinach
Berries - I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
Avocado
Honey Greek yogurt (thinned with a little bit of almond milk) for dressing

This was delicious! And I highly recommend it!

As always, we're all in this together!  Keep working hard and staying healthy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.