Be Unstoppable!

1000 Calorie Workout

By 5/11/2014 , ,

Taralynn McNitt's 1000 Calorie Workout

Today I have to share a workout that I just did that is so killer and such a great workout!


The 1000 calorie workout from my favorite blogger, Taralynn McNitt. But before I get into that I had to share some of my beautiful weekend with you all!




It has been absolutely beautiful the last few days here and I missed out on my workout yesterday. I know I know. I shouldn't have, but I was having so much fun enjoying the outdoors that it just didn't get fit in.  My friends and I went to watch a soccer game downtown! It was beautiful out and the team won, making the afternoon even better. 
After the game, I had softball practice! I am so not a softball player, but I got pestered into joining the team. Needless to say, I can't hit to save my life (such a soccer player....no hand eye coordination!) By the time I got home, I crashed! I'd been out in the sun all day, and it's been a long time since I've done that.
So today, since I had absolutely nothing going on, I decided to tackle this workout challenge. I felt bad having missed my workout yesterday and have been dying to go running, so this seemed like a great option!  
It was fantastic! I mean, it killed me for sure. I probably spent a solid 15 minutes just laying in the middle of my living room when I was done. And the second run was rough because my body was so tired. But it was great!
It gets everything!
Cardio - Check (2 runs, jump roping, walks)
Lower body - Check (Can you say jump squats???)

Upper body - Check (push ups and you hit your arms when you're doing the jump ropes...if your arms don't burn you're doing something wrong...)
Abs - Check! (A good 7 minutes of abs toward the end)

I even had a chance to enjoy the flowers in the nearby neighborhood during one of my walking parts.

And when I got back home afterward (after collapsing on the floor for an extended period of time of course...) I have never been more excited that have by daily Shakeology! I threw in some frozen berries and blended it all up! Yumm! I would've taken a picture, but it was gone too quickly by the time I remembered! I woud've been taking a picture of an empty glass! :-)

Well anyway, this workout was fantastic! And I highly recommend checking it out if you're in need of a real ass-kicking workout! And it's totally do-able! Just run as slow and as much as you need to and take as many breaks as you need! God knows I had to, especially toward the tail end of the workout when my body felt so exhausted! :-)

Let me know what you think!











You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.