Be Unstoppable!

Shaun T Insanity on Dr. Oz - HOLY SHIT!!

By 1/09/2014 , , ,

Alright guys - I resolve to always only post food and workouts on here that I think are great. That, for whatever reason, fit the bill for something that I think is perfect for a graduate student or student, or heck, just a person who'se trying to stay fit.  And this, my friends, is one of those things.

Let me tell you first that I've always wanted to try Insanity.   It is my kind of workout. No weights (or very few weights), which is great for those of us that really don't have the money to spend on tons of workout equipment, very little space is needed, and it combines strength and cardio into shortened workouts that just kick ass.

And let me tell you, this little 15 min ditty that Shaun T did for Dr. Oz (I don't even know how long ago...probably a while) KICKED. MY. ASS. Like, I used to get bouts of (what I think is) athletic induced asthma back in my soccer days which takes me a little bit to recover from (no inhaler needed, yet), and this puppy hand me hands on knees, struggling to breathe properly because it was such a good cardio killer.



Maybe some of you are think...."ummmm...hey crazy, hands on knees, struggling to breathe is not good!"  C'mon now! I wasn't about to die! This sucker pushed me, and pushed me hard, and isn't that what changing yourself is all about? Discomfort!!

I highly suggest giving this workout a try, especially if you, like me, don't feel like your workout is complete without a little bit of cardio.  Personally, cardio is what really gets me going and gets me sweating, and this 15 min (holy crap it was only 15 min...so out of shape!!) REALLY had me sweating! And it was so easy to tack on to an otherwise uneventful and uninspiring strength day.  I love Daily HIIT, but oftentimes, their 45 min workouts just aren't practica for me.  Heck I just started winter semester of my first year of graduate school. I don't have time for that. But something that kicks my ass this much?? I'm down! And you should try it too! It's quick, it's simple, and holy crap do I feel good after completing that!! (I did better than Oz...hehe!)

Give it a whirl!! You definitely won't regret it! I'm going to fit this into my workouts more often! And who knows, maybe when I have money, I'll finally try that Insanity workout for real!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.