Be Unstoppable!

Healthy, Lightened Game Day Eats - Buffalo Bites, Pizza, and Fish Tacos

By 1/21/2015 , , ,


When I was on Weight Watchers before I hated football Game Days. I mean, I didn't! They were a blast, but I hated the fact that I felt the need to deprive myself of EVERYTHING that I wanted to eat on Game Day.

Wings.
Pizza.
Tacos.
Beer.

I'm not going to lie--those things still taste reallllllll good. I still struggle to say no! So, instead of saying no--why not try a healthy alternative!

Here are some delicious football game day eats, just in time for the Super Bowl (Go SEAHAWKS!)! Not only are they delicious, but they're HEALTHY!

First up...

Healthy Cauliflower Barbecue Bites

I've only made these once at this point, but OMG I love these!!!! I LOVE wings! And these, though they're not as hearty as chicken, they definitely give you your wing FIX!

What do you need?
Prep the cauliflower....

  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • Garlic powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • PAM original
  • Kroger Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • Sriracha Hot Sauce


Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
  2. Prep the cauliflower by cutting off the stems and prepping the florets.
  3. Coat the cauliflower florets with PAM cooking oil.  Then toss the cauliflower in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
  5. Make a sauce of about 2/3 buffalo wing sauce and 1/3 sriracha. **Add more sriracha if you prefer spicier**
  6. Up the oven to 450 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes.
  7. Serve with blue cheese or ranch (whichever you prefer) and celery if you'd like!

Then Enjoy! Yum!!

Cauliflower Buffalo Barbecue Bites - NOM! So good!

Tortilla Pizzas

This is one of MY FAVORITES! I have been eating this since I started Beachbody and it is one of my favorites! I LOVE me some pizza and beer, especially on game day! And I'll be damned if someone says I can't have that on game day! Soooooo I lightened it up! :-)

 The big thing with pizza is all the carbs, so I lighten it up the most by using tortillas instead of pizza dough for my crust! Then your toppings can be whatever you want! I like veggies and light proteins like ham, chicken, or turkey bacon. So the what you need list is very short and flexible!

What do you need?
  • Large flour tortillas
  • Whatever toppings you want!
    • Some combinations to try:
      • Olive oil, cherry tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella
      • Pesto, spinach, mozzarella
      • Cheddar cheese mix, ham and spinach
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
  2. Make your pizza how you like it!
  3. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy!

Then Enjoy! Seriously - my favorite thing ever!!! Totally cures my pizza fix!

Try some stuff out--olive oil, pesto, or tomato sauce is totally cool!
Veggies - tomatoes, spinach, artichokes, basil, etc.
Protein - chicken, turkey, ham, turkey bacon

Keep you toppings light just like your crust!

And if you want a beer with your pizza? Totally fine! I'm all about balance and substitutions, not about deprivation. So instead of a high calorie beer, try a light beer! I know, I know--light beer has a bad rep! But I loved Corona Light and that is still my Game Day, at home go-to!

This is a go to! So keep these toppings in your fridge even NOT on Game Day and you'll have a healthy, junk food-tasting fix!

Beer and pizza can 

Fish Tacos

I came across this recipe when I was doing T25 and I LOVE it! Fish tacos man!! You can't go wrong!! This is so so light and delicious! All good carbs, lean protein, and yummy veggies!

Cod Fish Tacos from the Focus T25 recipe book! So good!
What do you need?

  • Corn tortillas, small
  • Cod fillets
  • Cole slaw mix
  • Cilantro
  • Lime





Directions:
  1. Bake cod filets per package directions
  2. Take 3 corn tortillas and top with cod fillets
  3. Add cole slaw mix on top of cod fillets
  4. Add ripped up cilantro and squeeze lime atop fish tacos
That's it!! Easy!! Super simple and super delicious!



And that's it!

Healthy Game Day treats for you to try out at your Super Bowl party!! Annnnnnd Go SEAHAWKS!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.