Be Unstoppable!

Meals of the Week - Catch Up

By 9/15/2013 , ,

I realized today that though I've been taking pictures of the recipes that I've been trying out, I have yet to post them for the last couple weeks!  And then I realized that I haven't even started up my MOTW - or Meals of the Week!

So here's me playing catch-up!

I really lucked out and didn't have to do too much cooking before! I went to a fish fest to watch the school's football game after we flew the flag at College GameDay, which was sooo fun!  So, I had lots of leftover fish from that, which I threw together with some boring salads and various other odds and ends I had lying around!  The recipe that I did try was:

Cheesy Orzo and Garden Veggies from quick dish.

This was sooooo good!  I felt like jazzing the recipe up a little and adding just a smidgen of protein, so I threw some prociutto on top, and it was really delicious!!  The gruyere really was a fun cheese to try out and it was so yummy and melty, just like she promised!

I also made this delicious recipe - Spaghetti Squash Caprese from the Power Sculpt Fitness blog! It was my first adventure with spaghetti squash and I'm addicted now! It was sooooo fantastic, I had to actually restrain myself from buying another spaghetti squash at the store this morning!

I also had some fun with breakfast.  I am huge fan of eggs! It's one of my favorite ways to start off a weekend morning, and what I loved about this was how beautiful it was when I was done preparing it!

See!  All it is was some whole wheat toast with avocado spread on top, scrambled eggs scrambled with a bit of spinach, and a little bit of salsa on top!  It was beautiful, delicious, and really quite filling! It lasted me all the way through most of the afternoon, since I ended up having to work my way through lunch again.






Today really has been an eventful day!  I woke up and started laundry - it was necessary since I've been burning through my soccer clothes like crazy lately! I only have so many orange shirts, and the league I play in is a tad strict about color!  While I was doing laundry I planned out my meals for the day, and fit in a quick Daily HIIT Tabata workout.  Give it a whirl if you're looking for something really quick and totally killer!  I was pretty much passed out on the floor afterward.

After working for a bit (3 hrs on the microscope - so not enjoyable!), I ran over to Trader Joe's because I was starving and really psyched for all of the things I was going to make tonight! And then, it was a cooking marathon for the rest of the day!

First recipe of the week was this deliciousness - Weight Watchers Cheesy Chicken Shells.  Now, I mentioned I was on weight watchers, and I love to check back in on occasion to see what new recipes they have up and this one, though I don't think is new, just looked delicious!  It's 11 WW points per serving, but it looks delicious and totally meets the cheesy pasta-y craving I've been having lately.  The recipe says it makes 12 shells (3 shells per serving for 4 servings), but I really loaded up on the spinach and I used fresh spinach instead of frozen, so I managed to get 15 shells out of the deal.  Alter it as you see necessary!

Second recipe I don't have any pictures of because I was too hungry to wait to get out my camera and snap some photos! Did I mention I worked through lunch again?  I'm getting into a bad habit! But, this recipe was sooooooo good!  Check it out - Celebration's Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo.  You might read the recipe and think that greek yogurt wouldn't make a sufficiently creamy enough alfredo to substitute for the real thing, but please give it a try because it was so good!

Third recipe, and the last, at least for tonight, is something that I am sooooo excited for!  I joined another soccer league, which means I have double headers on Tuesday and Thursday nights and no time for dinner!  So, I was looking for something protein packed and delicious to help boost my energy and get me through those nights!  Plus this recipe just sounded too good to not try!

Zesty cook's Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Balls
Waiting really is the hardest part, while they chill in the fridge
Now, I'll warn you ahead of time that these suckers are messy!! The last step is to stick your hands into the gooey delicious mess of peanut butter and dark chocolate oats and form your dozen or so trail mix balls.  (I know - I really should have taken a picture of that!)  It says not to let the chocolate chips melt, but what with all the cooking I was doing, my kitchen was excrutiatingly hot and the chips kind of melted a bit, but such is life! I got to lick the delicious mixture off my hands and the spoon after I formed the trail mix balls, and it really is sooooo good! these are going to be such a great snack for me on soccer nights!  I want to go sneak one out of the fridge right now, but fortunately for me, my will power is holding up pretty well!

Well, those are my meals of the week this week! All delicious options! I'm a little bit carb heavy this week compared to last, but that's mostly because I'm trying to prepare my body for the high demands I'm going to be putting on it with my 4 soccer games in 3 days!!  I'm so excited to start this other league with my department! Thank god the games are only 44 minutes long!

Until next time!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.