Be Unstoppable!

Strong

By 9/23/2013 ,

I wrote this today.  I started to write it at work when the first couple lines popped into my head. I wrote them down.  Then, tonight, after I finished my Epidemiology homework, I felt the need to complete it before I went to bed.

I call it Strong, because that's what I want to be. Physical, mental, and emotional strength and confidence have become things that are so important to me and I really feel like this poem (which - hey, maybe it will eventually get piano and a melody and become a song!) really conveys a lot of what I'm beginning to feel, or simply still want, in myself.

Strong
By: Ellyn

You fall, you fight, you make amends
Outlast, resolve until life bends
Until it breaks, with every breath
Vitality and passion won't be your death
Take care you're stronger than your fears
Oh you won't break or burn in tears
Let's keep on fighting, to yourself be true
Don't stop until you've earned what's due
Move against your tiresome fate
Every opportunity you'll take
That hopes and fears are one and the same
Of owning what defines the strength that came
Better cry than hold back your tears
Every tear will erase your fears
Strengthen my purpose in my eyes
There's perfection I did not realize
Raise your voice to calm your storm
Of every chance that you've ignored
Nagging weakness develops true
Gone are the doubts they gave to you
Every question that is asked
Like tipping vases made of glass
Like droplets on a glassy lake
Your value is only what you make
Never doubt your victory
Soon, unstoppable is what you'll be

I hope you like it, whoever you are! Each line means something to me - some meanings more obvious than others! Please, let me know what you think, even if you're curious about what some of the lines mean.

Until next time,



P.S. There's sort of a special bonus hidden somewhere in the poem - a message of sorts! Can you find it? :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.