Be Unstoppable!

2014 - A New Resolution...

By 1/04/2014 , ,

My 2012 Resolution
Wow - Where did this last year go? It doesn't seem too long ago that I was interviewing for graduate school, deciding that I would resolve to no longer let myself be defined by fear, etc.  I've done so great the last few years, making resolutions that I've actually stuck to.  

In 2012 - I resolved to start living a healthier, more active life, which lead to a 20-25 lb weight loss and the best I've felt about myself in years.  

In 2013 - I resolved to stop living in fear and my perceived judgments and just DO the thing that scares me. 

My 2013 Resolution
Now, another year has passed, I've completed my first semester of graduate school, continued to make huge strides as a person, and I'm very proud of what I've done this past year.

But, 2013 also came with some harsh realities. I knew that my pessimism and negativity have been issues for me. But, they ran rampant at the end of the semester. I hit one of the lower professional lows I've ever hit.  I've never felt so defeated.  So, 2014 is coming with a new resolution that perhaps will be the hardest thing I've ever undertaken. Especially since this resolution will be coupled with maintaining the last two year's worth of personal changes - healthy, active living and a fearless attitude.  But nonetheless I'm gonna try, because if I've learned anything the last 6 months (hell few years) about myself it's this--I stand in my own way. 

So - this 2014 I resolve to cultivate a positive, forgiving attitude toward myself and others.  That's what I hope to achieve this year. 

To change! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.