Be Unstoppable!

MOTW - Paleo Phad Thai

By 6/09/2014 , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sorry for the late MOTW!  I've had a few oddball weekends! My parents came to visit a couple weeks ago and we went to Niagara falls so I was out of town for a bit and didn't do as much cooking that weekend. We ate out a ton, but I tried to make sure I was getting in lots of fruits and veggies, despite it all!!  It's all about balance after all people! :-D

Isn't it gorgeous?? I highly recommend you check out Niagara Falls if you ever have the chance!
Despite all the eating we'd done, after my parents left and headed home, I found myself with some serious craving for some carbs!  How often do you crave something carb filled and just delicious? Daily would probably be my response. So, after they left, when I was picking out my MOTW recipe to get me through the rest of the week, I stumbled across a gem, which has now become my personal favorite!

Paleo Phad Thai


This was a recipe I found on Chelsea Eats Treats.  I instantly new this guy would be a hit! Why? 1) Phad Thai, 2) Spaghetti Squash, 3) Sriracha, and 4) PHAD THAI!!!!

This recipe was delicious and so easy!  And what makes it so healthy is that you're talking out all of that unnecessary carb and adding in some delicious spaghetti squash in it's place! Delicious!

Literally, all I did was cook up some chicken, cook a spaghetti squash, sautee a bunch of shredded cabbage (I used the store bought cole slaw mix), some green onions (I think I would do more next time), throw everything together and scramble some eggs along with them. The trickiest part was the sauce, which calls for lime juice, rice vinegar, sugar, water, fish sauce (I left this out and it was fine), oil, and red pepper flakes. Then garnish it all with some peanuts. I didn't have any peanuts, so I actually think I would melt some peanut butter into the sauce next time.

I liked to eat mine with a little squirt of sriracha on top! Yum!!

For the specific recipe, check out Chelsea Eats Treats! Gotta give credit where credit is due! :-)

Until next time,





You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'm very excited to announce that my blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit https://thefitnerd.squarespace.com/'.